IJCAI-ECAI-2018 Robotics Showcase
Call for Expressions of Interest
We are pleased to present the call for expressions of interest in the IJCAI-ECAI 2018 Robotics Showcase. IJCAI-ECAI is the major conference of the worldwide AI community, and the Robotics Showcase will run alongside its technical program (July 13-19 2018, Stockholm, Sweden).
Robots are a central focus of AI research and development, providing prime examples of where automated reasoning is necessary to cope with complex tasks and environments. Developing intelligent robotic systems reveals challenging and open research questions in AI. Furthermore, AI methods are garnering increasing interest and applicability in industrial contexts which involve the use of robots. This exhibition offers a prime space for exposing both achieved results and new opportunities for the use of AI in Robotics, and seeks to involve both researchers and industrial actors interested in the combination of AI and Robotics. This year’s edition affords exceptionally broad exposure, as it is part of the Federated AI Meeting (FAIM) that takes place in Stockholm July 9-19, and includes the AAMAS, ICML, ICCBR and SoCS conferences.
At present we are seeking expressions of interest for
- demonstrations and exhibits by universities, research organisations or industries;
- proposals for robot competitions
In keeping with the robotics exhibitions at past editions of IJCAI, expressions of interest will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Innovation: What new approaches or advances in AI applied to Robotics are shown?
- Significance: What is the potential impact of the shown development in AI and/or Robotics?
- Technical Quality: How deep are the insights demonstrated in terms of AI/Robotics?
- Understandability: How amenable is the showcase to technical and non-technical audiences?
Expressions of interest should include:
- A short description of the proposing group/company.
- A description of the robotic technology to be demonstrated, with reference to the four criteria above.
- The minimum amount of space needed to perform the demonstration (e.g., the number of tables and size needed, size of the arena if required, etc.).
- The minimum amount of time needed to perform the demonstration.
- Details of required resources (e.g., internet connection, electric power plugs, etc.).
Selected proposals will be provided the required exhibition space at the conference venue (Stockholmsmässan) for a suitable period of time during the conference technical program (July 16-19). Note that attending the IJCAI-ECAI conference is not required.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email to the Robotics Showcase chairs (see below) no later than March 30th, 2018.
- Submission of expressions of interest: March 30, 2018.
- Notification of acceptance: April 9, 2018.
Robotics Showcase chairs
Federico Pecora (email@example.com)
Jonas Kvarnström (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All submissions will be treated in strict confidence.